Monday, March 10, 2014

Trimester Breaks - Working experiences.

       I am in 3 weeks trimester break. Instead of going for vacations , shopping or relax , I chose to work or I have to work for money. I am 19 and I am going to step into 20, I start taking part time jobs after SPM which I was 17. I think most of the students now are getting extra income or pocket money for themselves except for those who already had extra pocket money at least RM200 every month from their parents.
I had been working in Popular bookstores, Hush puppies foot wears store, Kanebo , and etc ... since 2011, just to earn some extra money for myself. 

I am the Part timers 
Current break is the most tiring break that I ever had, I got 4 jobs in 3 weeks. From 28th Feb to 9th March , 11days continuously working from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.. Talking to the customers , Learnt how to catch the attention of the crowd, promoting whatever I am selling to anyone is passing through the booth and etc .. From these working experiences, I see the real society,how the rich look down on the poor, I see the manners, the attitude of the youngster nowadays, and a lot more.

Some things to review:
* I was teased by the manager under a shopping center during the briefing among the staff because of I was using my mobile notepad to record down whatever information that he was telling us instead of just using pen and paper. And while the other manager was talking to us, he took the photo of me holding my phone while I was typing (to say I am not concentrating but he is the one who is irrespective to his colleague.) , He talked so loud to me in front of all the promoters of the shopping center , he said : "I ask you girl, when are the voucher days ?? i think you don't even know whats voucher day. " I smiled to him and refer to what I had typed and answer him clearly about when was the vouchers'days listing , everyone was so quiet and look at me. He kept quiet for awhile and said you should just use note pad and pen, and I wink and response oh ya sir sorry and *wink* . 

* The people feel the promoters are annoying. 
Was giving out the flyers to the people passing through the booth, I meet hundreds of people, hundreds of the reactions and responds. Some are very generous, some are good actor (which I was in front of them and giving them the flyer , they can just go through me and bang my hand ), some are good "brusher", they says oh good promotion, hmm, when is the expiry date , whats your name ??I will come back later, let me think first. all kinds of good sentences they have. haha 

*working for the so call poor service company. 
Getting complains from the customers , and I realize the customers will appreciate more if I am trying to be frank to them, they even tell me whats actually going on and what they faced when they are going for the treatment.

*one more thing to add is, survey or do some basic research on what are you going to work such as what company, how was the service of the company , are you working with the right or good moral company?
We must be wise and get to know every detail because we get the job.

and there are a lot of things happened in my working experience so far. Getting older, getting to know more things and that's how we all grow and to be more mature. 

I am feel guilty for promoting a well-known company but they are actually having poor services to the customers which I am unable to tell so much here. I am sorry if I get anyone of you into trouble, really sorry and God bless.

Am I encouraging the students go for part time job or freelances ?

My answer is a YES.
Students who get to know the society earlier before they really step into the working life after graduate, they are tend to be more brave, skillful and full of experiences from the earlier working experiences. Reduce the payments or the expenses from your parents even they never say a no to you when giving you money. 

And of course while doing any part time jobs you should enjoy your study life too, having fun while studying! Never let the money flooded our brain, we get money for our bonus, knowledge are our skill, we need it to apply on our works to earn money! Some even quit studying , and go for work, if you think you're on the right track then just go for it and do your very best to get a good earning and have your better life but for those who had the opportunity to study and please do your very best to get good result and pass with flying colours. While studying, you can go for part times job to earn and get something you love like the Ipad Mini, the new Gadgets anything, these can be a motivation to yourself to study well.

These are just my opinion. *peace*










No comments:

Post a Comment